Some of us are lucky enough to have genuinely happy being around us, whereas others tend to be jealous. Sometimes these feelings of jealousy can make us feel bad, but how can we deal with these feelings? Do jealous people need to be dealt with, or are they worth the time?
Why should we deal with jealous people?
Jealous people can be the worst. Often these people are toxic to your happiness. If a friend or family member is too jealous, they will only be a negative presence in your life. Learning how to manage these people is important.
Here are the following ways that will help you on how to deal with jealous people in your life:
- Have some empathy for that person. Jealousy is a difficult emotion to endure, and it can be even harder to understand. The first step to overcoming jealousy is to realize that jealousy is a normal emotion. It is the way that our brains work. You can’t always make the jealous person go away, but you can do a few things to cope with the situation. First, you can try to empathize with them, to try and understand how they feel. When someone is jealous, they are typically overwhelmed with a desire to possess what you value, so take some time to think about how jealousy makes them feel.
- Give them importance. Everyone has a different relationship with jealousy. Some people are jealous of their friends, while others are jealous of their dates, and others are envious of their colleagues. But one thing that everyone can agree on is that jealousy has no place in any relationship. This is why, to keep your relationship healthy, you should avoid talking about yourself and try to give your partner importance instead.
- Just smile as a response to their hateful comments. Jealous people will try anything to get under your skin. It could be a friend or a partner, or even a stranger. They will comment or message you, or even what they say will be negative or mean. You don’t need to let them get to you. Stand up to them! If they are being mean and hateful, smile and say, “Thanks!”
- Confront the person calmly and in a wise manner. We can all have either ourselves or those close to us in our life who are acting out in a manner that is hurtful, controlling, or emotionally abusive. The person might have a jealous streak that they cannot seem to control. The best way to deal with jealousy is to confront it head-on, as this serves two purposes. It helps you and helps the person see that you do not stand for their actions.
- Try doing some random acts of kindness. Here is another way to deal with jealous people: just be nice to them and do random acts of kindness. There are times when jealous people are simply jealous, but sometimes they are acting on a more sinister purpose—to hurt you. Don’t let that happen by being mean to them. The more you can take a positive attitude toward these people, the better.
- Remove or just limit interaction with these jealous people. If you have ever been or are still dealing with a jealous person in your life, you may have thought you had no other choice but to remove yourself from that person’s life. It is true, removing yourself from contact will reduce the amount of jealousy they will generate, but that is not the only way to deal with a jealous person. There are actually several ways you can deal with a jealous person in your life. Read the next number.
- Know and spend more time on people who genuinely like you. If you were to ask us what’s the best way to deal with jealous people in your life, we’d say it’s to show them that they don’t actually mean anything to you by spending more time with people who genuinely like you.
It can be really hard to deal with someone jealous of your happiness. Why is it important to understand how to deal with jealous people in your life? Because it can make you feel very uncomfortable and confused. Once you understand how to deal with jealous people in your life, you can live a better life, with fewer concerns about the jealous people in your life.